If you are in a slump right now, and would like to experience a flatter stomach, follow these 8 tips for the next 21 days.
1. Increase your cardio to 5-6 days per week 45-60 minutes per session. Cardio can include walking, kickboxing, jogging, cycling, dancing or swimming.
2. Eat more green leafy veggies such as spinach, broccoli, and asparagus.
3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day. This will help flush toxins out of your body that cause you to bloat and retain fat.
4. Reduce your sodium intake. It is recommended that you consume no more than 2400 mg per day. Try lowering it to less than 2000 mg per day. Sodium causes you to bloat. Soups are known to be high in sodium. Check the food label.
5. Reduce your intake of sugar. Sugar turns into fat.
6. Reduce your intake of starchy carbs. Examples include white pasta, white bread, white potatoes and pastries.
7. Have your last meal 3 to 4 hours before before. Try to only consume protein and veggies for your last meal of the day. Consume your carbs earlier in the day before 6pm.
8. Perform this ab routine every other day. Crunches, bicycle crunches, and reverse crunch. They work the lower abs, upper abs, and obliques. Perform 100 reps of each exercise.